Soft Watercolor and Embossed Resist

5:50 PM



Hi there!

Today I thought I would share a get well card, which I made using embossed resist and watercolor. For the background, I first embossed the leaves from the Paper Smooches Botanicals 3 stamp set in white. I then painted over the embossing with my Gansai Tambi watercolors. To soften the color, I dabbed away at the paint with a baby wipe. 

As soon as I saw the images in the Wplus9 Get Well Gang stamp set, I knew I needed it! All of the animals are so so cute :) To color the images, I used Copic markers. I attached the mouse and cat using a Tombow Tape Runner, while the dog and sentiment were attached with foam tape.

To finish the card, I embossed my sentiment on black cardstock. I felt like the card still needed some black accents, so I added the black cardstock to the sides. 




I hope you enjoyed today’s card! Thanks for visiting! :)

-Louise 


Supplies
-Paper Smooches Botanicals 3 stamp set
-Wplus9 Get Well Gang stamp set
-Simon Says Stamp White A2 Top Folded Card Base
-Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock
-Gansai Tambi Watercolor 
-Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
-Copic Markers
-Silver Black Velvet Brush
-MFT Black Hybrid Ink (Copic Friendly)
-Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Cardstock 
-Tombow Tape Runner
-Scotch 3M Foam Tape

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Subscribe